At Sacramento Optometric Group we are continuing to provide excellent eyecare with some updates to our policies to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
During this time it is imperative that you stay at home and reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms including a fever over 100.4 degrees, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, severe fatigue, OR if you or a family member have had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking.
- We ask that upon entering our practice, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the practice, and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- You must have an appointment to enter the building
- Masks will be required of all patients entering the building, including children over the age of 4
- We ask that you come to your appointment alone. One “patient companion” will be allowed if this is a parent, guardian, caregiver, or translator
AT THIS TIME, WE ARE OFFERING:
- Curbside pickup of eye vitamins and contact lenses
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting procedures
- Offering hand sanitizer stations
- Disinfecting eyeglass frames before and after use
- Implementing social distancing by limiting the number of patients scheduled and staggering appointment times
- Requiring staff and doctors to wear masks and gloves
- Scheduling patients with priority for those with more severe ocular emergencies and urgent needs
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT?
- Upon phone confirmation of your upcoming appointment, we may ask you to verify some personal information to save time in office
- Both the front and back doors will be locked. Only the front door will be used at this time; please knock.
- To enter, you must have an appointment scheduled AND be wearing a mask.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the building