We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in us to provide you with your best eye health and sight correction.
On the day of your scheduled office visit:
- Please complete and submit all forms under the patient forms.
- Bring any eye health or medical insurance cards.
- Bring a list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Bring your current eyeglasses, current sunglasses and reading or computer glasses with you.
- Wear your contact lenses into the appointment. Bring contact lens information and case with you.
- AND the means to pay any deductible, co-pay, or overages the day of your scheduled visit.
Once you have scheduled and reserved an appointment in the unfortunate event you are unable to keep your appointment, for any reason, we kindly request your 24 hour advance call to reschedule, as our office has a same day cancellation and no show fee of $25.00.
We request payment for your non-covered eye health fees at the time services are provided, including your responsibility for co-payments and deductibles.
Your eyewear is very carefully custom crafted specifically for you. We will request payment prior to ordering so we may start the laboratory process to complete them in a timely manner for you.
When your new eyewear is precise and meets our demand we will call you for a finished fitting and alignment.
We look forward to providing you with excellence in your eye health care!
What to Expect
Here’s what you may expect and what we request in order to make your office visit effective and efficient for you.
It is a 7 step process and we will be with you for approximately 1.5 hours.
- Initial Testing A technician will complete tests that the doctor needs before the doctor examines your eyes.
- Dilating Your Eyes Dilation is often necessary for the doctor to examine and evaluate your eye health. Dilation drops open the pupil like a large window so we can view the entire retina. Normal side effects usually last 2-4 hours, and they include sensitivity to bright light (for which disposable eye shades are provided upon request) and difficulty focusing on near objects. Normally, your distance vision is not affected very much, and it is possible to drive safely after dilation if you currently have fairly up-to-date prescription eyeglasses.
- Doctor Evaluation The doctor will examine the health of your eyes, address your questions, and provide advice and choice.
- Optical and Contact lenses If required, optical will follow the doctor advice and fill your prescriptions precisely.
- Pre-appoint and Checkout We will schedule your yearly exam at checkout and collect any fees or co-payments from you on the day of service.
- Your Scheduled Return In the event you will return for additional diagnostic testing, at the request of the doctor, we will schedule for your convenience.
- To DECREASE your wait time at the office BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, fill out all forms, and BRING all finished paperwork to your appointment 15 minutes before your reserved doctor visit.